Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Guest post - Around the world

So, Ricky and I have switched blogs for the day. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Abby. Ricky and I go to school together, but also know each other from Chicago (er, I'm from Chicago, he's from the suburbs). A quick catch-up for those who are new to this: I've been in Jerusalem for the past two months interning at the Shalem Center, where I've mostly been working with three other interns editing the book that Daniel Gordis is currently working on. If you're interested in reading more about that--and how a college-student occupies herself in Jerusalem for the summer--and in seeing lots of pictures, check out the permanent location of my blog at http://aklionsky.blogspot.com.


I'm just going to write this as if it was a regular blog, so bear with me.


My roommate, Leah, and I went to the tayelet (Promenade) overlooking the Old City a few days ago to film a segment for a film called Connected, about the increasing universality of the world and interdependence of communities around the world. We translated the script into Hebrew, and taped ourselves reading the "Declaration of Interdependence" overlooking the Old City, which you can see here. Hopefully we'll make it into the movie!
Although we had to refilm a number of times because we (mostly I) kept giggling in the middle, one of the times we had to pause because there was a huge (~100 person) segway tour coming by!
Today, for the first time, I successfully* skyped with Naomi while she's in China
*"successfully" is a relative term, meaning that we saw each other's faces, and she could hear my voice, but I had no idea what she was saying since her voice was all distorted. Probably the Chinese government listening in or something like that...
Oh, and Ricky took this picture today. It's approximately the millionth time he's been at our apartment in the past week, and it's been a lot of fun every time! Thanks, Ricky. And thanks for the Orange Cake, it was delicious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment