Friday, July 29, 2011

!שבת שלום

I always forget how early Shabbat starts in Jerusalem, so I only have time for a really quick post!

This morning I went to our family friends' house for brunch--the Bergsons if any of you know of them. Their oldest son was home from the army so I got to see the whole family, and after we ate we went to the weekly Jerusalem street party. This week it was just outside the big mall and was beach themed, which meant sand, water from the air, and beach balls. There was music, but for two specified hours, you were only able to hear it if you wore noise-canceling headphones that they were giving out. Meaning...if you didn't have the headphones, it just looked like a lot of people were dancing to nothing! It was strange and funny to watch. The party was a lot of fun, but now it's time for Shabbat. Dinner's at one of Renee's friends, and I think I'll (finally) get a chance to sleep late tomorrow.

Shabbat Shalom from Jerusalem!

No comments:

Post a Comment